What is a brain hemorrhage?
Brain hemorrhage means bleeding to the brain. In medical terms, it is also known as a brain bleed or intracranial hemorrhage. It is one of the medical conditions where you need to get prompt medical treatment. The problem is likely to result in damage and compression to the brain tissues.
Consulting the best Neurologist in Ludhiana is important because compression can lead to excessive bleeding that the blood flow is not proper to the brain tissues. This can lead to swelling and cerebral edema. Dr. Jhawar is one of the well-known Neurosurgeon In Punjab who has handled multiple cases of brain hemorrhage with his excellence and skills.
What are the causes of hemorrhage?
One of the possible risk factors is brain hemorrhage. Apart from that, there are other risk factors that increases your chances to get brain hemorrhage like:
- Head trauma or injury
- Extremely high blood pressure
- Blood vessel anomalies
- Blood or bleeding disorders
- Liver disease
- Brain tumor
- Consumption of illicit drugs
- A cerebral aneurysm (brain artery has a weakened bulge)
What are the symptoms of brain hemorrhage?
This condition is likely to lead to several symptoms like weakness, numbness, tingling sensation, or paralysis of the arm, leg, or face. Apart from that, the person can have other symptoms like:
- Sudden, severe headache
- Problem swallowing
- Vision problem
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Confusion or difficulty understanding
- Difficulty talking or slurred speech
- Stupor, lethargy, or unconsciousness
Recognizing these symptoms as early as possible is important so that the treatment can be started on time.
Can complications occur due to brain hemorrhage?
Some of the common issues are problems with speech, movement, or memory issues. However, some of them are permanent and it can lead to:
- Difficulty swallowing, or dysphagia
- Vision loss
- Confusion or memory loss
- Reduced ability to speak or understand words
- Numbness or weakness in part of the body
- Personality change or emotional problems
What are the treatment options for brain hemorrhage?
Surgery is needed in this condition and sometimes it is the only way which can help you to get relief from the pressure. Apart from surgery, the doctor can suggest anti-anxiety drugs, anti-epileptic drugs, and other necessary medications. Following the treatment, the patient needs to get the rehabilitation that is needed so that they can adjust in their daily life and it includes:
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Necessary lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of hemorrhage
What are the ways to prevent brain hemorrhage?
- When you ride a cycle or any other type of 2-wheeler make sure that you wear a helmet. This will reduce your chances of getting a traumatic brain injury.
- Even when you drive the car it is important to wear a seat belt. Doing so will help you protect yourself from getting a brain injury.
- Studies have shown that if someone had a stroke with this problem, then they are likely to get it in the future. So, make sure that you adjust your lifestyle and get regular checkups. Most importantly, keep your blood pressure level right.
- You need to avoid the habit of smoking as it increases the risk of stroke. Along with that, avoid tobacco products.
- Keep your body weight normal as it can increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and blood pressure. You should stay active and stay fit.