What is a brain bleed?
Brain Bleed: Hemorrhage (Intracranial Hemorrhage)
It is the condition where bleeding occurs in the skull and brain tissue or the brain. The problem turns out to be life-threatening and damages the brain. Dr. Jhawar is one of the best Neurosurgeon In Punjab who can point out the reason behind this condition and they will describe the exact condition where it has happened. The bleeding is known to occur in different brain areas like:
- Within the skull but outside the brain tissue
- Inside the brain tissue
So it is essential to know about the same by consulting the Best Neurologist in Ludhiana without any delay. Bleeding is known to occur in different membranes which are:
- Epidural bleed (hemorrhage)
Bleeding happens between the skull bone and the dura mater (outermost membrane layer).
- Subdural bleed (hemorrhage)
The Dura mater and arachnoid membrane is the area where bleeding happens.
- Subarachnoid bleed (hemorrhage)
Arachnoid membrane and the pia mater is the area where bleeding happens.
Bleeding inside the brain tissue
Bleeding can occur in 2 types inside the brain which are:
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
In the lobes, pons, and cerebellum of the brain area.
- Intraventricular hemorrhage
Bleeding occurs in the brain’s ventricles, which are specific brain parts.
Is the condition of brain bleed fatal?
Brain bleed irrespective of location happens all of a sudden. In certain cases, it might take 2 weeks or weeks for the symptoms to show up. The condition of brain bleed is known for leading to brain damage and this is the reason this condition is life-threatening. The severity and outcome of a brain depend on different factors like:
- Location inside the skull
- Bleeding size
- Amount of time b/w the bleed & when did you get the treatment
- Overall well-being
Do you know?
Brain cells can’t regenerate which means once they die there is no coming. When the damage to the brain cells is extreme, it can lead to:
- Mental problem
- Physical problem
- Take-based problem
What are the causes of brain bleed?
Causes of brain bleed are:
- Head trauma caused by an accident, sports accident, or a fall
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Fatty deposit buildup in the arteries
- Blood clot in the brain which can trigger artery damage and it leads to leak
- A ruptured cerebral aneurysm (weak area in blood vessel wall which gets inflamed and bursts).
- Brain tumor
- Intake of excess alcohol, smoking, or use of harmful drugs
- Bleeding problem or undergone treatment with the use of blood thinners
What are the symptoms of a brain bleed?
The major symptoms of brain bleed are:
- Numbness, weakness, or paralysis of the arm, leg, face, and particularly on one part of the body.
- Problem swallowing
- Vision loss or problem seeing
- Problem with balance or coordination
- Light sensitivity and neck gets stiff
- DIfficulty writing, reading, or speech problem
- Problem breathing and heart rate gets abnormal
Schedule your consultation with the neurologist
If you are experiencing any sort of brain-related problem, then schedule your initial consultation with our experienced neurologist Dr. Jhawar.