Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery In Ludhiana, Punjab, With the use of minimally invasive spine surgery, the effort is induced to maintain a balance between the spinal joints and the vertebral bones. Besides, the experienced neuro physicians like Dr. Jhawar aim to reduce the pressure from the spinal nerves.
Benefits of the MIS Spine surgery
Not only the potential benefit points can be summed in the terms of the faster, safer and less time-consuming recovery. But subsequent major benefits are the ones that makes the MIS Spine surgery the best of all the surgical procedures:
- Smaller incisions are made
- Significantly scarce loss of blood during the surgical procedure.
- The reduced risk for experiencing muscle damage, infection and postoperative pain.
- Increased recovery pace
- Allayed (minimal) intake of the pain-relieving medications
What is treated with MIS Surgery?
Ensuing conditions are sought to get treated with MIS Surgery:
- Herniated or degenerative disc
- Spinal infections, instability and deformities
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
How is MIS surgery carried out by the best neurosurgeon in Ludhiana?
- The spinal organs such as the discs, vertebrates and their nerves reside in the depth of the body. To access these organs for treatment or diagnosis purposes, proficient neurosurgeons require to make a tiny incision which is accompanied by guiding instruments such as a Microscopic video camera.
- Ordinary MIS Surgery Treatment Alternatives
The experienced team of the neuro specialist under the supervision of Dr. Jhawar aims at coming up with the new techniques and the methods for allaying the minimal nature of the surgery:
- Discectomy: With the help of either microscope or endoscope, the herniated disc is aimed to get eliminated.
- Spinal decompression: If owing to the contraction of the vertebral canal, the spinal nerves are getting compressed, then with the help of MIS surgery the bones and the tissues are aimed to get terminated with the help of the tubular dilators.
- Transforaminal Lumbar interbody fusion: TLIF aims to treat patients who are either oppressed with either recurrent disc herniation or degenerative disc diseases. Keeping in mind the minimally invasive nature, only two incisions are supposed to be made for the replacement of the intervertebral disc with bone filled cage.
When will the neuro physician take into account to use the MIS Spine surgery?
After diagnosing your problem and the intensity of its expansion, the neuro specialist will determine whether MIS Spine surgery is to be performed to do away with a specific problem.
Which devices are used to carry out the MIS?
Following devices are used to carry out minimally invasive surgery:
- Endoscope: To have access to the innermost organs of the body, an endoscopy is used.
- Fluoroscope: To use x-ray-oriented imaging of the internal body structures.
- Laparoscope: To have visuals of the specific organs of the body, the neurosurgeons highly rely on the laparoscope.
Minimally invasive tubular retractor and the portals are also the advanced methods which are used by the neuro physicians of India’s best neuro hospital.
What is Spinal Fusion?
Spinal fusion is the process that aims at generating the union of two or more vertebrates. This is carried out by Dr Jhawar in case the patient is afflicted with either chronic or severe back pain because this process helps to bring about strength and stability in the spine.
What are the MIS Fusion Procedures offered by us?
Following procedures are used for the treatment by Dr Jhawar to make the patients effectively do away with the afflictions:
- MI Lateral Interbody Fusion
- MI Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- MI Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- MI Posterior Thoracic Fusion