Best Neurologist in Punjab, Ludhiana | Dr Sukhdeep Singh Jhawar
Best Neurologist in Punjab, Ludhiana, A neurologist is a medical expert who is highly trained in diagnosing, treating, and managing the nervous system and brain disorder which includes, but not limited to:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s diseases
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Who is a Neurologist?
Dr. Jhawar is one of the best neurologists in Punjab with years of expertise in giving treatment of neurologic disorders in children from the neonatal period through adolescence. Child neurologists treat many of the similar health issues found in adults like stroke, epilepsy, migraine, and Tourette’s (Involuntary muscle movements and sounds). They are also specialists in problems related to developmental and neurogenetics conditions.
What is Neurology?
Neurology is the study of functions, anatomy, and organic disorders of the nervous system & nerves which includes the brain. Dr. Jhawar will work together to diagnose, study, and treat problems of the nervous and brain system.
How does a Neurologist plan the treatment?
Neurologists are highly experienced medical experts who can diagnose complex issues by:
- Going through your detailed history
- Physical examination
- Different tests are conducted for:
- Mental status
With time, the medication dependency has increased on technology, the neurological examination is the vital factor to evaluate the patient’s condition.
Carry out different tests
Some of the common neurological tests which help to complete the evaluation are:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography (NCS/EMG)
- Computed Tomography (CT) OR Computer-assisted Tomography (CAT) scans
- Lumbar puncture (LP) for cerebral spinal fluid analysis
Carry out treatment
It is important to understand that they are different from neurosurgeons as they won’t carry our spinal cord and brain surgery. Although, the neurosurgeons and neurologists will work together to handle different conditions. The ones who are general neurologists will perform procedures like NCS/EMG and LP. The ones who are specially trained will perform”
- Spine monitoring and intraoperative brain monitoring
- Skin and muscle biopsies
- Botulinum toxin injection
- Autonomic testing
- Endovascular methods
- Coiling of aneurysm
What are the possible situations where you need to consult the neurologist?
Your primary care might suggest you consult the neurologist – Dr. Jhawar, especially if you have symptoms that indicate the likelihood of neurological issues like:
- Loss of coordination
- Muscle weakness
- Severe headaches or frequent headaches
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Sensory changes which affect the vision, smell, taste, or sense of touch
What are the necessary qualities and skills to become a competent Neurologist?
Becoming the well-known and accredited neurologist in Ludhiana is not a no-brainer professional. For addressing the patient’s issues, neurologists need to have some important skills. Some of the skills they must have are:
- Teamwork: A neurologist will work in conjunction with a team and understands how to carry out the work. They provide medical assistance to other surgeons who are related to their area of specialty.
- Communication skills: Being a neurologist is important that they have strong communication skills. During the consultation, they need to listen to their patient’s doubts, go through the symptoms, and other related issues. While prescribing the medications they need to carefully tell the precautions patients to need to take. In all, their written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Organizing Skills: Daily, the neurologist will meet several patients and listen to their doubts. Depending on the situation, they need to prescribe the medications. So, they must manage time and schedule operations.
How Dr. Jhawar’s skills and expertise help patients?
With 15 years of experience, Dr. Jhawar has become familiar with groundbreaking therapies & procedures to treat patients with nervous system diseases. Also, the treatments & technology are developing at a fast pace which helps the patient’s condition to improve and their quality of life gets better.
His skillfulness and aptness towards the understanding of neurological conditions have created a real positive impact on the world. If you have any neurological issues, then book your initial consultation to get a conclusive treatment plan.