In this modern era, people are more likely to have several neurological health issues, such as spinal pain, weakened bones, headaches, joint pain, muscle stretching, etc. They live a better life until these problems do not turn worse, but when they start suffering from these issues, they cannot live comfortably. The team of best Neurosurgeons Ludhiana states that a significant risk is the constant occurrence of unwanted headaches or spinal pain that sometimes leads to internal issues such as tumors.
Moving further, with the advancement of technology, our scientist has become capable of dealing with mild to severe neurological issues, whether brain tumor or herniated discs. So, it is recommended that whenever you find something unusual that happens with your nervous system, you must seek help from the experienced Neurologist in Ludhiana.
What is the work of a neurosurgeon?
A Neurosurgeon is an expert with exceptional knowledge about central and peripheral nervous system disorders. The human nervous system consists of the spinal cord, brain, vertebrae, skull, and cranial and spinal nerves on the outer sides of the central nervous system.
A neurosurgeon specializes in diagnosing and rectifying following nerve and brain problems.
- Strokes and arteriovenous malformations.
- Brain or spine infections.
- Peripheral nerve injury.
Congenital issues such as scoliosis and hydrocephalus.
- Vascular disorders.
- Cysts and tumors of the spine and brain.
- Epilepsy due to trauma, genetics, or ailments.
- Chronic pain due to trigeminal neuralgia, Sciatica, nerve
- compression syndrome, and cervical spine illnesses.
- Degenerative spine problems include herniated discs, osteoarthritis, and lumbar spinal stenosis.
Qualification and training of a Neurosurgeon
Becoming a neurosurgeon is not child’s play. A person with a keen interest in the neurology field can become a successful neurosurgeon by getting appropriate qualifications and training. They are calm-minded and patient in identifying a problem from all sides to know the root cause and offer the necessary treatment. Dr. Jawar’s Clinic is the best place to deal with neurological disorders.
Furthermore, neurosurgeons must first clear a NEET exam to enroll in any reputed medical college. After that, they completed four years of pre-med and spent four years in medical school. After that, they obtain a one-year postgraduate internship and seven years of residency. Several doctors also opt for fellowship training to become highly specialized in their subjects. After completing training, they joined hospitals as junior neurologists and gained more experience under the guidance of experienced neurosurgeons.
Neurosurgeon rectifies following neurological issues
Following is the list of neurological disorders that a neurosurgeon treats:
- Traumatic brain, neck, head, and spine injuries.
- Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) leaks and pinched nerves.
- Chronic pain in the neck or back and seizure disorders (epilepsy).
Brain tumors & Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Genetic spinal column issues such as tethered spinal cord & spina bifida.
- Herniated disks & Hydrocephalus and MS (Multiple sclerosis) & Sciatica.
- Spinal tumors, spinal stenosis & spinal fractures.
- Parkinson’s disease and spinal bone spurs (osteophytes).
- Spinal deformities (including spondylolisthesis & scoliosis).
- Congenital brain illnesses like arachnoid cysts & Chiari malformations.
Neurosurgeons confer a wide array of treatment options
- Endoscopic surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Chronic pain interventional procedures.
- Open surgery.
- Endovascular surgery.